lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev LYNX: frames,frames,frames,frames,and more frames. HELP!

From: brian j pardy
Subject: Re: lynx-dev LYNX: frames,frames,frames,frames,and more frames. HELP!
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 21:22:24 -0400

On Fri, Jul 09, 1999, address@hidden wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Jul 1999, brian j pardy wrote:
> >I'm highly considering making a patch for my personal use that will
> >cause Lynx, whenever finding a frame titled "content", will jump
> >directly into that frame, bypassing the previous page.
>
> So are you joking or not?

Well, as Heather just put it, there are a few others -- such as
"main", and since the frame-laden sites I'm at are usually newspapers,
often "story", or "body".

> I'd love this capability, if it were a preference and OFF by default..
>
> But I would hope it would still "push" the original list of frames on the
> stack so I could go back if necessary.. Though some of these sorts of
> smarts would be helpful.

I may or may not actually do it, something like that would probably
need to be sitting within the HTML parser itself, and I know nothing
about those, I may find out it's not actually possible (after all --
if it were easy, we'd probably have 'refresh' already, eh?).

--
You can observe a lot just by watching.
                -- Yogi Berra