lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Re: ObDisgustingHackery / 8bit clean

From: Rob Partington
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: ObDisgustingHackery / 8bit clean
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 11:13:54 +0100

In message <address@hidden>,
           address@hidden writes:

> well - we'll see how it looks when you're done.  I'll have a portion of your
> recent patch in dev.2 (some errors corrected, some unused code dropped).

Too late, I just rewrote the patch to use a different method
entirely.  Sorry.  Now it uploads binary files just fine (for
various values of 'fine' I'm not entirely convinced of yet.)

I've tested it against CGI.pm's file upload code, and that works
fine so far.  It needs testing by a wider audience.  I'll clean up
the code as best I can, add some comments for Klaus, and then stick
it up on http://lynx.browser.org/rp/ -- it'll be version 0.2.

It's not pretty though, and I'm pretty sure I'm violating the spec
somewhere, but I can't see where.  Hopefully the "many eyes of
open source" will point it out.
--
rob partington / address@hidden