lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev lynx-2.8.2 and Cookies

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx-2.8.2 and Cookies
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 09:53:14 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 17 Jun 1999, ONIME EHIMIKA OHIREIME wrote:
> I have attached a new trace from the command line
> /mirror/lynx2-8-2/lynx -trace -dump http://mail.yahoo.com > tmp.html
>
> As you can see, lynx created the cookie here (when we have only -dump but
> not when we have -source)..
>
> Please note there are two requests to set cookies (The first is rejected
> but the second is accepted).

I think it's time for you to define more clearly what the problem is.

I assumed in my previous response that the problem was the rejection
of the first cookie.  But apparently that's not the problem you want to
solve at all.  (Why?  Does it not matter?)

I would guess that the difference you are talking about is that for
-source the cookie file is not updated.  But before I guess wrong again,
please try to explain explicitly what the problem(s) is/are.

   Klaus