lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Lynx2-8-2rel.1 (Execute Problems Under AIX 4.3.1.0)

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx2-8-2rel.1 (Execute Problems Under AIX 4.3.1.0)
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 09:28:05 -0500 (CDT)

> > Everything seemed to be fine until I tried, of all things, an
> > advertisement URL at the Salt Lake Tribune Newspaper. The URL I tried is:
> >
> > http://209.210.181.2/scripts/accipiter/adclick.exe/AREA=SLT.HOME/ADSIZE=
> > BANNER1?1

I'm sure that was supposed to be all one line.  But your trace shows that
somehow the line break survived as a space.  How did you manage to do that,
Tom?  It should be impossible...

On Tue, 15 Jun 1999 address@hidden wrote:

> I can't connect to this - need more clarification perhaps.
> >
> > It is the first "advertisement" URL on the Salt lake Tribunes's web page
> > (that URL is http://www.sltrib.com).

Just follow the link from there.

> > This particular URL locks
> > lynx2-8-2rel.1 up. By comparison, lynx2-8-1pre.11 doesn't lock up (nor
> > does it have the compile/link problems). Instead, it reports the URL as
> > "not found on this server".

What exactly does "lock up" mean?  Can it be interrupted with 'z'?
What does lynx -trace give?

By the way, are you using a proxy by any chance?

> > Now, it is possible that the game I played to
> > get the HTTCP.c module to compile/link could have something to do with
> > this lock up condition.  At any rate, that's what I found. Hope it's not
> > too hard to fix. Thanks for all your good work.

Can you reproduce the problem with other URLs where the hostname part is
a dotted-quad IP address?
> > Mike Gravitz
> > address@hidden

    Klaus