lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Re: Hello/LYNX

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Re: Hello/LYNX
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 1999 17:27:42 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 12 Jun 1999, Webmaster Jim wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 12, 1999 at 10:41:45AM -0500, Klaus Weide wrote:
> > You didn't provide a pointer to the currently available (incomplete)
> > translations:  <http://sol.slcc.edu/lynx/po/>
> >
> > I think a link to it should also be on the
> >        http://sol.slcc.edu/lynx/release/
> > and
> >        http://sol.slcc.edu/lynx/current/
> > pages, with the appropriate disclaimers that it's preliminary, incomplete
> > etc.  IMO making this more visible would encourage more people to at least
> > become curious and maybe work on it (and/or contact the translation team).
>
> OK; I've added link on those pages, as well on as the FTP site Let me.
> know if the disclaimers have enough "dis" in them.

Yes, I think '(preliminary, incomplete, etc.)' is dis enough.

Btw., do you know how to teach the sol web server that de.gmo is NOT a
text/plain file?  I don't like files offered with completely bogus MIME
types...  If not, could you just gzip it?  (I guess no explanation
necessary, people who would want to use that binary should know enough to
figure it out.)

   Klaus