lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev where is 2.8.2???

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev where is 2.8.2???
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 12:51:36 -0400 (EDT)

> I have visit http://www.sol.edu/lynx/release/ and found 2-8-2 page.
> I think it should contain a separate link/directory for messages catalogs.

ok (should be easily findable from the release page).

-- the release page looks a little crowded (and there's more to add, with
   the links to other sites).

> Messages catalogs, *.po files are version dependent so they should belong
> to release page and maintained in future, not http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/po/
> as it pointed out from po/readme file in the distribution.
> Again, I whonder why fr.po and other *.po files are not excluded
> from the distribution (or german and japanese translations should be
> included also as the "most recent" comparing to distributions samples).

mostly because I was focused on a different part of the problem (making
sure that the intl and po directories built properly with Solaris gettext,
and also that the configure/build works properly if they're not present,
and finally making a change to configure to allow overlaying any .po
file that's available).

since the only other comments about the .po files were (a) that they're
not up to date and (b) that they shouldn't be in the release anyway, I
overlooked the ones you're describing.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden