lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev where is 2.8.2???

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev where is 2.8.2???
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 19:59:28 +0400 (MSD)

3-Jun-99 11:13 address@hidden wrote:
>> And while you are fixing the Web pages, could you sneak in an "emergency"
>> removal of that link to webtechs someone moted yesterday? It is still on
>> page:
>>
>> http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/release2-8/lynx2-8/lynx_help/lynx_help_main.html

> done

It would be nice if http://lynx.browser.org/ will update help link to 2-8-2
version (it was still 2-8 help by some unknown reason, not 2-8-1).

>> (Sheesh, I hate it when folks misappropriate addresses and misrepresent a
>> web site's real content.)

I have visit http://www.sol.edu/lynx/release/ and found 2-8-2 page.
I think it should contain a separate link/directory for messages catalogs.

Messages catalogs, *.po files are version dependent so they should belong
to release page and maintained in future, not http://www.slcc.edu/lynx/po/
as it pointed out from po/readme file in the distribution.
Again, I whonder why fr.po and other *.po files are not excluded
from the distribution (or german and japanese translations should be
included also as the "most recent" comparing to distributions samples).