lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev (patch) tweak lynx help

From: Vlad Harchev
Subject: Re: lynx-dev (patch) tweak lynx help
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 21:23:47 +0500 (SAMST)

On Fri, 28 May 1999, Leonid Pauzner wrote:

> 28-May-99 11:47 I wrote:
>
> > BTW, we may merge cattoc.html and alphatoc.html into a single file
> > lynx_help/lynxcfg_toc.html and supply anchor "#alphabetical" in the middle
> > of that file so links to body.html (probably with another name)
> > will be done nicely via BASE HREF=
>
> I think this minimal solution will meet the consensus:
> small file, useful information, duplicate nothing, easily maintained,
> provide a (remote) link to resource we discuss so long.
>
> Perhaps Vlad will provide a patch with all respective changes
> in LYHelp.hin etc., unless Tom has enough time.

  What do you expect to be changed in LYHelp.hin?

> Switch from remote link to local file can be postponed for now,
> at least until more testing/feedback on body.html received.

 This file should be placed in the same directory as body, so there are 2
alternatives: put the in lynx_help or in lynx_help/lynxcfg.

 I like the idea of combining tocs. I updated my scripts, so now they
generate combined toc.
 The name of the toc is lynxcfg_toc.html, and the name of the body -
lynxcfg.html.

   You can see them at www.hippo.ru/~hvv/lynxcfg_toc.html

 Best regards,
  -Vlad