lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev lynx 2.8.2 pre 5 ftp problem

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx 2.8.2 pre 5 ftp problem
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 11:01:01 -0400 (EDT)

> >I checked this one earlier today with Netscape (when I was testing
> >the pre.5 patch) - it also shows nothing in the fileserv directory.
> >So I decided lynx was correct...
>
>    Unfortunately, it's not. If you look at it with a real ftp (and
> indeed the trace shows this),  you'll see that there are files there.
> Lynx is not finding them. I just tried my netscape (4.08 on windows 3.1)
> and it finds the files correctly.

hmm - _today_ Netscape is seeing files (but still not Lynx).  I just
checked on the copy I'd built on sol.slcc.edu, and made a trace to
study for later today.

When I looked yesterday, Netscape showed some fragments with <td> or something
like that.  Today I see a regular listing.

(I made the trace just in case it changes again).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden