lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.2dev.25d-cpp.patch.gz

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.2dev.25d-cpp.patch.gz
Date: Fri, 7 May 1999 14:38:18 +0400 (MSD)

>      * From: Vlad Harchev <address@hidden>

> On Wed, 5 May 1999 address@hidden wrote:

>> I didn't put Vlad's most recent patch into the pre-release (it makes
>> assumptions about the function and availability of the C preprocessor which
>> I've found in the past to be not true).
>>
>> The generated html looks good - but I see adding this as an experimental
>> feature which is not available on some platforms.  However, even that
>> requires some maintainance effort - it relies on a handcrafted version of
>> lynx.cfg

It is reasonable to include generated *.html files into the 2.8.2
distribution (like we have with gettext' lynx.pot) and leave portability
and maintenance for 2.8.3 development. At least we got a very useful
resource (hmm, make install-cfghelp ?) and set a starting point for future
resync body.in with lynx.cfg. See also Vlad's letter below.