lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Can't get whole page..

From: Kim DeVaughn
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Can't get whole page..
Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 19:21:43 -0700

On Tue, May 04, 1999, address@hidden (address@hidden) said:

| Ok, another mysterious problem.
|
| I can't receive the full document for:
| http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/tech/ffwd/0499/feature30.htm

| It's been sitting at:
| Read 7 KB of data, 7 KB/sec.
|
| For like an hour or two now.  Similar things happened when I tried the
| other day (I'd get slightly over 1 page (24 lines) of text.. and it would
| never get any more..  I don't even have the partial display now.)

FWIW, I sometimes get "hung" like this too.

Usually, hitting a ^G will clear the "hang" condition, and cause the
page in question to be rendered.  Most often (if I've been "hung" long
enough), the complete page will be there.  Occasionally though, the
page is short/truncated, in which case a <-- cmd, followed with the
x cmd will cause the page to get refetched without any hanging.

I've never tried to pin this behavior down, since it's an infrequent
thing.  I just write it off to "network slugishness", and let it go
at that.

This behavior goes back (for me) to at least 2.7, or so.

/kim