lynx-dev

From: kweide
Date: Sun, 2 May 1999 15:17:55 -0500 (CDT)

kweide wrote earlier:
> Laura Eaves wrote:
>
> > whereas the "sorta-SGML" parser treats </p> as a junk tag.
>
> Yes and no...
>
> When I made the change (for "SortaSGML") to *not* treat </p>
> as a </P> any more, I added some handling code for it in
> HTML_end_element() under 'case HTML_P:'.  Later (while I was
> not looking :) ), that code seems to have been lost, when
> the code was changed to put handling of P into the separate
> function LYHandleP() - that function is now called for <p> and

Sorry, I have to retract that - it was completley wrong, there is
no "lost code".  In looking at LYHandleP(), I was confused by the
pointless 'if (TRUE) { ... }' that encloses the whole body of the
function.  Somehow my mind substituted 'if (start == TRUE) { ... }'
for it...   There's nothing wrong with LYHandleP afaics now.

The rest of my previous message stands though: changing the number of
blank lines should be done by changing DefaultStyles.c (and I still
haven't tried that, leaving it to someone else to experiment).

   Klaus