lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev proposal: rendering tables

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: lynx-dev proposal: rendering tables
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 08:43:53 +0100 (BST)

>  IMO we shouldn't respect justification of cells - this will make life easier,

I tend to agree, but you can guarantee that we will get bug reports when some
multiline cell doesn't get centered the way some GUI user expects.

> > > A1-suffix B1 C1
> > > some-prefix-A2 B2-some-suffix C2

This is beginning to get like the approaches described for audio presentation
in the HTML 4.0 specification, which also includes a lot of information for
hinting the presentation.  Although one can't really expect all but a very
small minority to hint tables correctly, I think anyone looking into this
area should read the HTML 4.0 specification for tables.