lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.2dev.23

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.2dev.23
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 13:55:40 -0400 (EDT)

990427 Thomas Dickey commented on someone's recollections:
>> I haven't gone back through the archive to confirm,
>> but my recollection is the consensus was to leave lbo as the default,
>> with the home directory as the alternative.
>> I remember lots of discussion about this.
>> I hope my memory isn't playing tricks on me.
>> I don't believe that the original patch was generally accepted as is.
> yes - that was my impression.
> I went through the whole thread - we can start a new one...

well obviously, what people meant & what they actually said were different:
a common occurrence among humans.  there seems to be a new thread,
which wants l.b.o.: i have better things to do than argue further.
i trust those asking for l.b.o. will make sure all future queries
from users who can't start Lynx will be fully responded to.
i also assume TD will correct CHANGES to state
that the revised wording is his alone & remove mention of PW.