lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev dev.24 Archive link runaround

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev dev.24 Archive link runaround
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 16:08:44 -0400 (EDT)

990425 Klaus Weide wrote:
PW> my understanding is that the final  /  is needed only after the 1st part,
KW> It's up to Flora whether they regard
KW>  http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/  or
KW>  http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev  as the "right" URL.
PW> so why does Lynx add the  /  in the first case,
PW> but leave it to the server in the second case ... ?
> Because they are different URLs.
> They could as well have different content, if the server chooses so.
> As FLORA has now demonstrated.

Flora has demonstrated only that it wants to waste clients' time:

  Could not find: /lynx-dev
  I could not find the file you were looking for.
  Did you by chance mean: [1]/lynx-dev/
  I brought you to the home page as a good place to start looking.

since it can't find  /lynx-dev , that URL doesn't even exist,
so it can't have different content (it doesn't have content period).

please show me a case of  2  URLs which differ only in a final  /
& which have different meaningful content, anywhere on the WWW ...