lynx-dev

lynx-dev Misc. questions

From: Webmaster Jim
Subject: lynx-dev Misc. questions
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 12:52:19 -0400

On Thu, 22 Apr 1999 21:40:27 -0600 (MDT), Nichola Bodley wrote to the
Lynx todo list:

> Have been using Lynx since Dec. 96, but still don't use -traversal or
> -crawl, because I don't know where to find out about them. They seem
> to be really useful, but miserably obscure. My apologies if I missed
> something. (rtfm, but which m? :) Please provide easily-located links to
> such info!
>
> For forms such as this, the control codes seem to be miserably obscure.
> You might be shocked how many users backspace many words and re-type to
> correct an error because they don't know about ^P, for instance. I still
> don't know where to find all the control codes. So far, I know of ^A,
> ^E, ^N ^P, ^U, but accidental keystrokes suggest that there are many
> more. Possible that this is not a Lynx issue, though; apologies if so.
>
> Remove-bookmark command leaves a corrupted display (I have a shell
> account; ISP is using 2.7.1-libwwwFM(?), iirc). ^L fixes things, but it
> looks messy. Table support may be a bear to do, but would be welcome. Is
> it too much to hope for to convince the world that Lynx *does* handle
> frames? :) Thanks so much for all your efforts!
>
> Nicholas Bodley <address@hidden>
>  - Thursday, April 22, 1999 at 21:40:26 (MDT)
>
> Apologies! Found command-line options in the User's Guide; I would
> welcome some more info. about -traversal and -crawl, though. Also found
> the control codes for forms; most welcome.
>
> Sorry!
> Nicholas Bodley <address@hidden>
>  - Thursday, April 22, 1999 at 22:34:08 (MDT)

I think Nicholas answered his own questions, but I'm forwarding this to
the list as there are some FAQs here. I noticed on reviewing some of the
SLCC docs that the FAQ pages there are out of date. Sounds like a good
HTML project for someone...

------
<http://www.altavista.com/cgi-bin/query?q=%22web+home+for+jim+spath%22>
Marvin the Paranoid Android says: