lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev INSTALLATION file changes (was: Fix --disable-trace,

From: Ismael Cordeiro
Subject: Re: lynx-dev INSTALLATION file changes (was: Fix --disable-trace,
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 15:46:23 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 22 Apr 1999 address@hidden wrote:

> > Let me try to explain. A true VT100 uses 7-bit characters. Its alternate
> > character sets are also 7-bit. When a real VT100 receives the command
> > for changing to another character set, it changes from the "normal" one,
> > ASCII, to another character set. Well, my terminal program doesn't
> > support alternate character sets the way a true VT100 does, but uses
> > 8-bit character sets. So, in its VT102 character set the DEC
> > line-drawing characters are in the 8-bit part of it. When it receives
> > the command for changing to an alternate character set it uses the
> > characters in the 8-bit part. When I use ISO 8859-1, the character that
> > appears when the command for changing to an alternate character set is
> > received it displays the corresponding ISO 8859-1 characters. Is it
> > clear now?
>
> sounds like M$ telnet (it does that much).

You don't need to insult my program... ;-)

> (does the vendor for that claim it's vt100?)

There is no "vendor". It's non-crippled shareware. And the name of that
emulation is VT102.

Ismael

       | ISMAEL CORDEIRO            | mailto:address@hidden      |
       | Production sound mixer     | http://www.ismael.cordeiro.com/ |
       | Montréal - Québec - Canada | ftp://ftp.cam.org/users/ismael/ |