lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Bug report on lynx

From: Tim Mueller-Seydlitz
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Bug report on lynx
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 12:13:03 +0000

Klaus Weide wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Apr 1999, Tim Mueller-Seydlitz wrote:
>
> > Hi there,
> > I want to report a bug I encountered with lynx.
> > I am looking at html file, with extremely long lines.
> > There seems to be a maximum width, even if I set -width=100000.
> >
> > This problem is  encoutered with
> > Lynx Version 2.8.1rel.2 (1998)
> > and
> > Lynx Version 2.8rel.2 (1998)
> > on linux.
>
> Yes, there is a maximal line size of a bit more than 1000 bytes
> (including chars used internally for highlighting) for formatted
> output lines, but why is a problem?  It shouldn't have anything to
> do with the length of lines in the unformatted HTML.
>
> What are you actually trying to do?  Do you really have a screen
> width of more than 1000 characters?
>
>    Klaus

Hello Klaus,

I want to filter the BNR-Definition out of the XML Specs
(http://www.xml.org).
Some lines are indeed longer than 1000 characters.
For this issue I want to dump the output of lynx into a file or a pipe
to put more filters on it. lynx -dump -width=100000 or so
Everything works fine, except from the cut off at 1000 characters or so.

Regards,

Tim