lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Lynx, colors and VT100

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx, colors and VT100
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 09:02:13 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 20 Apr 1999 address@hidden wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Apr 1999, Ismael Cordeiro wrote:
> >If you use the "old-style" options menu (FORMS_OPTIONS:FALSE in lynx.cfg),
> >Lynx will display "Your 'xxx' terminal does not support color" when you try
> >to set Show Color to ON.
>
> lynx.cfg is for compile time options right?

No.  It's the general configuration file.  It doesn't actually have to
be called lynx.cfg, if you prefer something else, but you have to tell
lynx which file to use (if you want lynx to use something else than
the default).

> I tried simply making a lynx.cfg
> in my home directory with FORMS_OPTIONS:FALSE as the only thing in it and
> it doesn't seem to change anything.

But did you tell lynx to use it?  With -cfg=..., or by another methods...

> Anyway, I just realized that when I'm on the popup it says:
> UNMODIFIABLE option list.  Use return or arrow keys to review or leave.
> at the bottom of the screen.

The "old-style" options menu is 'better' in this respect, it disables
just one of the choices.  You can still select 'Always' and save that
for future sessions, even if the current session is in a no-color-possible
mode.  Maybe that's not too useful, and the price for it is specialized
code that's hard to understand...  The generic FORM code can only disable
a SELECT list as a whole.

   Klaus