lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev PATCH [dev21]: source caching

From: Scott Bigham
Subject: Re: lynx-dev PATCH [dev21]: source caching
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 22:49:42 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 11 Apr 1999 address@hidden wrote:

[I wrote, discussing "#define atexit(func) /* nothing */"]

> > Eek!  That's almost certainly a bad idea.

> no - only on MSDOS is it a bad idea (good idea on Unix and VMS, since
> allocated memory is returned on exit from a process).

Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of someone in the future
trying to install an atexit function that does something besides release
memory, not knowing he was being undercut.  I dunno, call me paranoid,
but this just has "disaster waiting to happen" written all over it.

                                                -sbigham