lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev source syntax highlighting patch

From: Vlad Harchev
Subject: Re: lynx-dev source syntax highlighting patch
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 16:14:17 +0400 (SAMT)

On Mon, 29 Mar 1999, Leonid Pauzner wrote:

> 25-Mar-99 22:59 Vlad Harchev wrote:
> >     Here is a big patch (~165Kb unzipped!) that will:
> > * Added HTML source syntax highlighting (when option -prettysrc that is
> > added
> >[...]
>
> At least this looks wrong
> - unnecesary complication in SGML.c/handle_entities() -
> it should be an obvious substitution of "entity_string"
> possible coloured differently depending on  FoundEntity value.

  Yes, in SGML.c:handle_entity it may be will be better to remove anything
 in the
   if (psrc_view) {
     /* contents should be removed */
   }
 leaving the only
   if (psrc_view) {

   }
 conditionals, and draw the entity_string in the caller of handle_entity
 according to the value of the FoundEntity. If you mean something else, please
 describe it more thoroughly.

 Frankly speaking, when modifying SGML.c, I was working in character-device
 -mode: I din't look any page forward - I was modifying "inplace". But it
 works OK- I've tested it extensively. The files in /test are good testsuite
 for it.

      Here is a one bug I found in that patch:
 in branch for S_attr in SGML.c:SGML_character, substitute
 'tagname_transform' with  'attrname_transform' otherwise the tagname
 transformation will be applied to the attribute name. IMO this bug didn't
 hurt anybody.

>[...]

 Best regards,
 -Vlad Harchev