lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev URLs with raw 8-bit chars (was: lynx: have bug)

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev URLs with raw 8-bit chars (was: lynx: have bug)
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 02:45:40 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 22 Mar 1999, Leonid Pauzner wrote:

> That is what I want - UTF-8 when possible by default
> with drawback to %xx raw bytes by a hot key.

It seems that you should be able to get this by a simple change:

#if OLD
#define TRANSLATE_AND_UNESCAPE_TO_STD(s) \
        LYUCFullyTranslateString(s, ATTR_CS_IN, ATTR_CS_IN, NO, NO, YES, st_URL)
#else
#define TRANSLATE_AND_UNESCAPE_TO_STD(s) \
        LYUCFullyTranslateString(s, ATTR_CS_IN, \
                                    (LeonidsNewFlag ? me->inUCLYhndl : UTF8), \
                                    NO, NO, YES, st_URL)
#endif

This is untested.  I don't know what happens for characters that cannot
be translated from ATTR_CS_IN (which will normally be either UTF8 or
me->inUCLYhndl [which should be the transmission charset]).

   Klaus