lynx-dev

RE: lynx-dev remote access problem

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: RE: lynx-dev remote access problem
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 01:51:24 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 24 Mar 1999, Erb, Maria wrote:

> my default URL is local, it's file:/usr/doc/HTML/index.html

That should be file://localhost/usr/doc/HTML/index.html, although
lynx should understand your form and convert it to the full form
on startup.  But try 'lynx -trace', and look at the Lynx.trace file
to see what lynx is really trying to access.

> I think the problem is with the networking set up.  Where, other than
> linuxconf, can I edit networking items?

What do other programs do that make a network connection? (telnet, ftp, ...)
If they work but lynx does not, again look at 'lynx -trace'.
If they also don't work (and you are cnnected to the network), you obviously
haven't set up networking correctly.  But then it's not a question for
lynx-dev - you should ask somewhere else, for example a redhat-specific
newsgroup or mailing list.   (I have never used linuxconf.  Most readers
of lynx-dev probably don't use linux at all.)

   Klaus