lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev When unhighlighting some highlighted links, lynx draws them

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev When unhighlighting some highlighted links, lynx draws them incorrectly
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 10:56:11 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 13 Mar 1999, Vlad Harchev wrote:

> On Mon, 15 Mar 1999, Klaus Weide wrote:
> > In this *particular* case, I don't know whether it's worth starting
> > a new source file, since most of the change is adding to GridText.c
> > anyway.
> >
> >    Klaus
> >
>    Sorry about that. If you (developers of lynx) insist, I can rewrite the
>  patch this way.

You are now a lynx developer - it doesn't take more than sending patches
and being on the list.  At least that's always been my understanding.

Tom is integrating the patches, so it's finally up to him whether he
wants to add a new source file or not; I was just pointing out that some
more files and scripts would have to be changed.  You may just want to
take that into consideration.

> And please, mail me (or in mailing list) about patches
> I'm sending - whether they are accepted or not, rather than silently
> rejecting.

(Others have replied to that.)
I am cc'ing you until you complain, since I don't know whether you
are losing messages.

>   I can rewrite previous commandline patch the way you and I feel it
>  useful.

(To repeat myself:) My preference is that IF "--xxx" flags are recognized,
THEN (for those long style flags, at least) the syntax for forcing on/off
instead of toggling should also change (from "-xxx+" and "-xxx-").
(I don't know how this fits in with the visions various people have for
revamping the whole flags and options handling.)

I don't want 'lynx  URL-1 URL-2 [...] URL-N' to be suddenly treated
as an error - it works fine as far as I am concerned.  But making
URL-1 ... URL-N-1 available for 'g' command recall after startup
would be a nice touch.

   Klaus