lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Problem with Lynx and http://www.clicktv.com

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Problem with Lynx and http://www.clicktv.com
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 17:23:25 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 9 Mar 1999, Bruce Toews wrote:

> I was trying to access the search feature of www.clicktv.com. I entered my
> login name and password just fine, then chose the search function.
> Unfortunately, all it did when I clicked on the "search" option was return
> me to the search screen, with a blank form. This feature worked fine until
> our systems administrator upgraded our shell and thus Lynx. Do you have
> any solutions for this, as Clicktv is one of my more-used links? Thank you
> very much for your assistance.

If the search is similar to the search on the guest menu fore clicktv,
the problem isn't that lynx was upgraded, but that clicktv changed their
site, making it unusable by lynx. The search is done via javascript,
which is not supported at all by lynx. This shouldn't work with any lynx
browser. Look at the html source (use the "\" key) to see the problem.
                                 Doug
__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden (preferred)