lynx-dev

lynx-dev problem with latest (990306) ncurses patch and lynx

From: Kim DeVaughn
Subject: lynx-dev problem with latest (990306) ncurses patch and lynx
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 21:17:21 -0800

[cc'd: lynx-dev]

Hi Tom -

I just tried the latest (990306) ncurses 4.2 patch, and ran into
some uglyness with it, when I compiled lynx (dev.19) against it.

In short, after starting lynx and then suspending it (^Z), when I
restart lynx, the screen repaints, and then *immediately* exits.

No messages.  No core file.  Nada.  Just wham ... it exits.

A lynx compiled against the new (990306) ncurses includes, but
linked against the old (990301) lib, works fine, if that helps to
narrow down the problem.

Also, mutt compiled/linked against the new ncurses seems to run OK
(with limited testing) ... at least it doesn't exit when restarted
from a suspended state.

Lesee ... system specifics: FreeBSD 2.2.8-STABLE, and I'm running
under tcsh 6.08.00, and screen 3.07.04 (though the exit behavior
also happens w/o screen(1) running).

Need any other info ...?

/kim