lynx-dev

lynx-dev Re: http://lynx.browser.org/Help!

From: Webmaster Jim
Subject: lynx-dev Re: http://lynx.browser.org/Help!
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 06:10:27 -0500

On Thu, Mar 04, 1999 at 04:22:44PM -0800, address@hidden wrote:
> Two questions, please. First, on the main menu screen for lynx, it
> notes a URL we ca write to for questions at address@hidden However,
> when I type in that URL and hit [enter], it says "cannot access file".
> Have I done something wrong? Is there somewhere else I can write
> for tech support? Secondly, I'd like to know if we can use Netscape
> with lynx to go beyond a text only process. I've downloaded Netscape
> Navigator 4.0 and have it stored on our system, but have been unable
> to link it with lynx. We have Windows 3.11. I'd appreciate any help
> you can give me. Let me know if you need more information before you
> can help. Thanks very much. K.

You managed to write for help somehow, and address@hidden is the
correct address for help. When in lynx (or some other browser),
"mailto:address@hidden"; would be a valid URL to start an email to
this address. If you have Windows 3.11, you may be able to use a lynx
that is on a UNIX or VMS system that you telnet to. Otherwise, you
need to use a version of Lynx that talks to your WinSock (look at
http://www.fdisk.com/doslynx/lynxport.htm).

Marvin the Paranoid Android.