lynx-dev

lynx-dev suggestions

From: Eduardo Chappa L.
Subject: lynx-dev suggestions
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 17:30:09 -0800 (PST)

 Hello everyone,

  I have some suggestions, I would like to comment on. Maybe they could be
implemented as options. I would still like to know what you think.

  First, about Tables. Well they are graphical, and many people don't care
to write good html code, so sometimes the output in lynx is unreadable.
since an output which was intended to be written "horizontally" is written
"vertically" this makes the table difficult to read (if not impossible).
Some of them are really easy to fix, just don't display the <center> tag
after a <td>, or the <BR> or maybe the <P>. Could it be possible to add an
option where I decide which tags inside a <TD> </TD> combination I want lynx
to ignore?

  The other one has to do with frames. Of course I am not asking full
support of frames, but the next step, in some sense. For example, in my
experience traveling through the web I have found that most of the people
names the frames either "main", "nav" or "index". Could it be possible to
configure lynx to always open, say "main" if that frame exists? Of course
you'll think NO!, what about the other ones?, well maybe there could be a
line (maybe the line below the title line), something like

                                          -TITLE- page 1 of 2
FRAMES:     index        banner        empty
[text]

where all the names of the other possible frames appear, and this would take
only 1 line of the display, or would this mess up the program?

  Regards from the (very) rainy city of Seattle.

Eduardo
http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/personal.html