lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev bloating binaries

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev bloating binaries
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 13:12:12 +0900 (JST)

> > > I can see no use for the `send a C)omment' function.
[...]
> address, or inconsistent user provided feedback links.  It is the only
> easy way of getting the URL into the subject when there is no mailto link

Isn't the P)rint option to mail the file enough?  It puts the <TITLE> on
the subject line, and includes the URL in the Content-Base: header.

> I suspect C itself consumes virtually no space; it is working out the page
> owner that is probably more expensive.

Exactly why I'd like to see it discarded, especially if equivalent function
(without the finding the owner garbage) can be provided within the P)rint
option.

I still think Lynx would be better served by having a free key than
using a key for an action of marginal use.  Though I'd prefer the whole
gimmick to go away, stuffing it under a P)rint option would perhaps
be better than nothing.

__Henry