lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev dev17 clue?

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev dev17 clue?
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 12:13:00 +0900 (JST)

> > More specifically, I used to have Lynx read large (200+Kb) files, and
> > found that when I exited it would take 5, sometimes as much as 20 minutes
>                                                                  ^^^^^^^^^^
> do you see something similar with current version?

I have frozen the binary on the machine in question (10-year-old Sun S-4/IP).
The machine is a museum piece, although until summer it will continue to be
my main http server.  (For the same price of adding 8MB of memory to this
machine, I can purchase a 450MHz intel CPU AND 128 MB SDRAM!)

> I guess you load 200K file much faster than *minutes*, so it is deallocation,
> right?)

That is correct.  (But again, this particular case is ancient history.)
If there is anything of substance to my _guess_, then it would be better
to pursue a living case.

__Henry