lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev identifying config/version info

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev identifying config/version info
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 16:01:25 +0900 (JST)

> compiled with various options.  It would be
> nice if there were more info about the configuration
> in a compiled binary...  Any suggestions how this could
> be done?  I don't see any #ident strings in the code.

This info is great for developers and hackers alike.  It is
in Lynx already (go to the info page, " = ", and follow link
"[2]compile time options".  From the users point of view,
however, this is distractive junk that should not be included
in a production distribution, i.e., by default it should not
be compiled in, or it should be stripped out at release time.
Same as with ALL trace code, IMHO.  Don't get me wrong; it's
wonderful for development code.  I just don't see its place in
source code for release.

__Henry