lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Cookies broken with -source?

From: brian j pardy
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Cookies broken with -source?
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 22:28:45 -0800

On Mon, Feb 22, 1999, Klaus Weide wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Feb 1999, Keith Doyle wrote:
>
> > I've been using Lynx for some simple automated web interactions
> > and for the most part it works great.  But I've discovered a
> > behaviour in 2.8.1rel.2 on the netcom Sun machines that seems
> > like it may be a bug.
> >
> > If I use Lynx normally to visit a site where a password cookie
> > is used, things work fine.  Once the server has sent its
> > cookie in one Lynx session, I can thereafter get directly to
> > a cookie passworded page via a single explicit invocation of
> > Lynx with the URL of the specific page of interest.
> >
> > However, if I add -source to the invocation, Lynx does not
> > send the cookies in the header.  [...]
>
> That should work now as expected in the development code from
> <http://sol.slcc.edu/lynx/current/>.  (Except that in some of
> the non-interactive modes the cookie file may not get updated
> at the end of the "session" - maybe a feature instead of a
> bug.)

If you have access to recompile your binary and don't want to move up
to the most recent development code, you can apply the patch at:

<URL:http://www.psnw.com/~posterkid/code/lynx-dump_output_cookie.patch>

It's small, and fixes a problem with the -dump commandline flag, which
-source may imply.

It's against 2.8.2.dev(something), but I have reports it patches
against 2.8.1rel.2.

--
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.  Inside a dog it's too
dark to read.