lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Bug report

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Bug report
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 10:58:08 -0800 (PST)

On Sun, 14 Feb 1999, Stef Hoesli Wiederwald wrote:

> When I try to access https://www.yellownet.ch
> lynx gives me the following:
>
> A Fatal error has occurred in Lynx Ver. 2.8rel.2
> Other https URLs do work. I use a hamm/slink/potato Debian. My lynx is
> comming from a rpm package I found on a replay mirror. My libssl is
> comming from the non-US Debian Package libssl09_0.9.0b-1.deb

I can access this without difficulty using lynx 2.8.2dev.12 on a SunOS
machine, using a SSL proxy built with SSLeay 0.8. I have had troubles
with certain sites not connecting with 0.9 and went back to 0.8. The
openssl project is still working on 0.9. You might try updating to the
latest version of lynx (2.8.2dev.16) or using a SSL library based on
0.8.
                                Doug
__
Doug Kaufman