lynx-dev

lynx-dev Re: Final dev15 patch for TEXTAREA edit feature (I hope)

From: Kim DeVaughn
Subject: lynx-dev Re: Final dev15 patch for TEXTAREA edit feature (I hope)
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 15:55:26 -0800

On Thu, Feb 04, 1999, Philip Webb (address@hidden) said:

| 990104 Kim DeVaughn wrote:
| >  5. The function call now returns the number of lines
| > the cursor should be moved from its current position,
| > to end up on the first blank line of any trailing empty lines
| > in the TEXTAREA (there will always be one).
| > I'm still looking into how to accomplish that task,
| > but now it is decoupled from the editind feature, per se.
|
| which task?  it's not clear from the above what you haven't accomplished.

Heh.  Well, right now I don't *do* anything with that returned number,
so the cursor stays on the line/anchor it was on prior to the editing.

It's a minor thing, but it annoys me to then have to cursor/tab/scroll
down manually, to get to the bottom of the form, where the submit button
usually is.

| all the usual congratulations, big smiles etc ...

Thanks!

I still have a few questions WRT my handling of the updating of some of
the structs' fields like  a->number  when  f->type == F_HIDDEN_TYPE, or
a->show_anchor == FALSE,  or  f->disabled == YES.

Currently, I don't do anything "special" for any of those cases, but
until I get bug reports, or hear wise words to the contrary, I'll leave
well enough alone ... :-) ...

/kim