lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Lynx does not open some http sites, forces download

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx does not open some http sites, forces download
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 19:03:37 -0500 (EST)

990201 Ismael Cordeiro commented on my response to his request:
> They look garbage to you, pale face,
> not for those using a KOI8-R character set on their terminals
> and know how to read Cyrillic.

i know how to read Cyrillic, but don't have it on my terminal;
Mykola's newspaper came across adequately in Latin letters.

> That's why I asked Mykola, not you.

it sounded to me as if you were asking generally:
otherwise, don't send it via the list.

> I know that he _knows_ Russian and that he uses KOI8-R.

well, he knows Ukrainian & knows that it stands to Russian
as Dutch stands to German, which (fact) i know when i'm not joking.
i thought he had solved his problem in a long message at the weekend.