lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev xterm title?

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev xterm title?
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 16:40:36 -0500 (EST)

> Is there some option whereby Lynx can set the xterm (or rxvt) title to
> the HTML document's title? This would be nice with the added benefit of
> adding one line of display by not displaying the title in the top line
> anymore.

a portable way (I've seen this done) to do this would be to implement
support for writing to a terminal's status line, and to define corresponding
strings to the xterm description.

curses doesn't implement that, but it would be doable with the termcap/terminfo
interface.  (it could even work with slang, though of course we'd see something
along the lines of SLwrite_to_status_line).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden