lynx-dev

lynx-dev Re: how do I _use_ the EDITTEXTAREA?

From: Kim DeVaughn
Subject: lynx-dev Re: how do I _use_ the EDITTEXTAREA?
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 1999 13:49:18 -0800

On Sat, Jan 30, 1999, Philip Webb (address@hidden) said:

| > when I run with -number_links turned on,
| > I don't get numbers on TEXTAREA lines at all.
|
| LWV presumably has  LINKS_AND_FORM_FIELDS_ARE_NUMBERED  in force:
| maybe you forgot to allow for that case when you made your changes.

Ah yes ... I don't normally use the "numbering" option(s), so when
I tried it with the  -number_links  switch on, and didn't get numbers
on individual TEXTAREA lines, I didn't look any further, for other
(possible) option variations.  Just figured it was "normal" not to
assign differeing numbers to different lines within the same area.

FWIW, turning on LINKS_AND_FORM_FIELDS_ARE_NUMBERED, *does* turn up
a "numbering" problem, which will be easy to fix (I think), that did
not show up when just  -number_links  was used.

Has nothing to do with his problem of the line length being too long
and wrapping, since that occurs before any edit fn() is invoked.

Thanks ...

/kim

"It's not that there are too many options to choose from ... it's that they
 are scattered over at least 6 possible places to choose them from."  --Me