lynx-dev

lynx-dev Re: Some thought on additional TEXTAREA functions

From: Kim DeVaughn
Subject: lynx-dev Re: Some thought on additional TEXTAREA functions
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 1999 03:08:25 -0800

On Sat, Jan 30, 1999, Klaus Weide (address@hidden) said:

| On Sat, 30 Jan 1999, Kim DeVaughn wrote:
|
| > Specifically, I want to move the TEXTAREA's cursor from the anchor
| > that it currently appears in (whose line number within the overall
| > document, I know), to some other anchor that is also within the
| > same TEXTAREA, and whose line number within the document, I also
| > know.  Should be simple, huh ...?
|
| At which point do you wish the new cursor to have visibly changed -
| while mainloop is waiting for a new key here:
|
|                  real_c = c = LYgetch(); /* get user input */
|
| Or at some other, intermediate point?

Well, the position would logically get changed after the editor has
returned the data, but before curses is turned back on, and the screen
redrawn.

For some of the other proposed functions, I *think* curses would still
need to be turned off and back on while the new anchors were being
added, but in any case, a redraw would be needed after the operation
is completed (again ... I think).

BTW, I'm thinking that if the cursor ends up getting moved past the
screen boundary, that I'd like to have the target line/anchor show up
in the (approximate) middle of the screen.  Of course that's a refine-
ment; what I need to figure out first, is just how to move the cursor
at all ...!

| (Maybe you can tell from my question that I haven't really looked
| at your changes.)

's'ok ... I left a BIG COMMENT at the tail end of Gridtext.c, where
the cursor movement needs to happen ... :-) ...

/kim