lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.2dev.15 - textarea editing

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.2dev.15 - textarea editing
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 15:15:47 +0300 (MSK)

28-Jan-99 23:31 Klaus Weide wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Jan 1999, Philip Webb wrote:
>> 990128 Greg Marr wrote:
>> > Someone else asked recently about being able to paste a text file
>> > into a textarea.  It can be done through the external editor,
>> > but having an "Insert File" function might be nice.
>>
>> we shouldn't use up too many scarce keys on this feature,
>> but we could presumably use control-keys with special meanings
>> which are confined to form fields, as  ^v  is already.

There may be a compromize:
instead of "(text entry field)..." status line message
we may use "(textarea entry field) use XX for external editor"
where XX is the actual KEYMAP mapping (and check that editor is not restricted
e.g. for -anonymous users, I have not looked at whether it is done or not).
"Not in TEXTAREA" warning may be not required also, just ignore sighlently.