lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Lynx Ver. 2.8rel.2

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx Ver. 2.8rel.2
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 09:55:47 +0900 (JST)

> freenet security isn't a top priority for Lynx these days,

Please refrain from saying reckless things like that. If someone should
quote that without your name on it as coming from the developers mailing
list and written by a coordinating developer, the repercussions could be
enormous.

> basically, anonymous users should be confined to a separate box

We've been over this ground before. There is absolutely no reason why
shell account and captive account users cannot be on the same physical
machine.

> with the -anonymous flag invoked.

Definitely would support you here.

The only reason I invest anytime anymore into Lynx is for the very
reason that the -anonymous command line option exists and functions
properly. There are probably tens of thousands of users, that while they
do not realize it, must have a working -anonymous switch for them to be
able to access the WWW.

__Henry