lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev French accents (was special char's)

From: Laura Eaves
Subject: Re: lynx-dev French accents (was special char's)
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 18:14:19 -0500 (EST)

> Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 16:05:10 -0600 (CST)
> From: Klaus Weide <address@hidden>
> > I'm using vi and mail and ProcommPlus.
>
> That's still much too little information.  What operating systems?
> How is Lynx set up w.r.t. charsets?

I have a DOS PC logged onto a UNIX (BSDI) shell account.
Lynx is set up with
        assumed charset iso-8859-1
        display charset cp437
        raw 8-bit       OFF
This displays mail from my friend correctly.

However, when I send mail to her the chars
don't display right on her PC (running win95
using IE, whose settings I don't know).
Also, curiously, the raw 8-bit values in her
email messeges to me don't match the values
she types using alt.  For example, when she
types alt135 (0x87), I get 0xe7.

Perhaps the easiest solution would be to use the 7-bit approximations.
But it would be nice to see the 8-bit symbols.

Learn something new every day.
If anyone has further suggestions, feel free to pass them along.
Thanks!
--le