lynx-dev

lynx-dev Re: LYNX: cursor showing strangely on screen in newest version

From: Kim DeVaughn
Subject: lynx-dev Re: LYNX: cursor showing strangely on screen in newest version
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 1999 11:36:59 -0800

On Fri, Jan 01, 1999, Jean-Pierre Radley (address@hidden) said:

| Kim DeVaughn averred (on Fri, Jan 01, 1999 at 09:55:11AM -0800):
| |
| | The problem is/was with whatever s/w elm hands your message off to (likely,
| | sendmail), which actually generates the Date: header.
|
| NOT.    The MTA generates the Date: Header.  I've now done this on one
| machine running sendmail, and one running smail.  In both cases, the
| latest release of mutt goofs, while the latest release of elm and the
| current /bin/mail do not.   It's the MTA, not the MUA.

Yeah ... I was getting confused about which headers mailers generate, versus
which headers (some) newsreaders generate.  I've been working on trn4 lately,
and it leaves the Date: header generation task up to inews/whatever.

| | Seems that mutt just happens to bring the problem to light, since its
| | processing of the TZ data is intolerant of the bogus format/data, whereas
| | other mailers (elm, for one) ignore/overlook/fixup the bad TZ string.
|
| NOT.  Mutt *IS* the problem.

And elm, apparently (at least the version that Tom's using).

| I don't have a bogus TZ: it's EST5EDT.

The TZ-offset is not part of your TZ string ...?

/kim