lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Java Support

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Java Support
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 1999 15:16:18 +0300 (MSK)

> On Fri, 1 Jan 1999, Larry W. Virden wrote:
>>You know, I can't recall a serious discussion of what features of Javascript
>>would really need to be supported.

Many sites currently use JavaScript in form submition code,
so you just could not press "submit" with Lynx since
JavaScript function should be invoked to do some check for input entries.
This is a real Lynx fault (and page authors doesn't care).

Other Javascript usage in HTML mostly decorative,
it is a minore avdantage while we have no real GUI output.