lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev possible bug in lynx 2.8.1 -- GridText.C

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev possible bug in lynx 2.8.1 -- GridText.C
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 14:19:22 +0300 (MSK)

29-Dec-98 13:48 Klaus Weide wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Dec 1998, Seth Theriault wrote:

>> I have someone here who is a heavy Lynx user -- really heavy. Ever since
>> our upgrade to 2.8.1rel.2, he has been experiencing frequent, random
>> crashes. The crashes follow no particular pattern or specific URL.

[ ... ]
>> System info: Digital Unix 4.0b, lynx 2.8.1rel.2 (compiled with slang
>> libs 1.2.2, and default-colors enabled)

[...]

> Since you say lynx often aborts differently, there may be some memory
> corruption that happens somewhere else.

It may be a lynx problem.
Just before 2.8.1 release we had a report that src/chrtrams/makeuctbl.c
crash on Digital Unix.  After all, I found an uninitialized index
but the fact is - nobody run into the problem since 2.7.1ac ...

Probably current development version fix many possible overruns.