lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Hotmail problem

From: David Henderson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Hotmail problem
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 12:50:51 -0600 (CST)

<delurk after long absence>

>> text/html;charset=windows-1251  D)ownload, or C)ancel
>>
>> If my hunch was right, then the Hotmail problem would have announced
>> something similar to that.  But it's only a guess.
>
> Someone with this problem reported the prompt he got as
>    "text/html, D)ownload or C)ancel".
> I don't know wheter that was literal or from memory; but if there
> really was a comma after text/html, it could indicate that the server
> sent invalid punctuation in the Content-Type header.

Just a thought here... for any text/* mimetype that isn't specifically
mapped to an application, should Lynx offer another option, such as:

    text/foobar  D)ownload, V)iew, or C)ancel

Since it is supposedly a text type, offering to view it as a text file
would be a nice option.  Probably this wouldn't be appropriate for
application/*, image/*, etc.

</delurk>

David Henderson
--
Star Trek?  Psi Phi!  Visit http://www.psiphi.org/ for the latest news
and rumors about "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine" and "Star Trek: Voyager"
<*> davidh at psiphi.org, davidh at imsa.edu, davidh at cyberdesic.com