lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Show Cursor Feature

From: Suleman Currim
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Show Cursor Feature
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 01:40:18 -0500 (EST)

Hi Michael,

     Thank you for quoting the Lynx Version 2.7.1f options menu
that appears on your system.

     Interestingly, although my ISP, Toronto Free-Net, carries
the same version of Lynx, here's is what appears when I type "o"
to access the Lynx options menu:

Options Menu (Lynx Version 2.7.1f)
S)earching type: CASE INSENSITIVE
preferred document lan(G)uage: en
preferred document c(H)arset : NONE
display (C)haracter set: ISO Latin 1V)
I keys: ON
e(M)acs keys: ON
popups for selec(T) fields   : ON
K)eypad mode: Links are numbered
li(N)e edit style: Default Binding
U)ser mode: Advanced
Select capital letterof option line, '>' to save, or 'r' to
return to Lynx.

     Comparing the options menu given above with the one you have
sent me, you will notice that although your ISP and mine carry
the same version of Lynx, the options menu on my system is much
smaller than the one on yours.  Mine does not even mention "show
cursor".

     Should I, perhaps, use a different command to access the
full selection of options that appears on your system?  Would
changing one or more of the choices in my menu give me the full
range of menu selections?

     I would appreciate information by e-mail.  Thanks.

                            Regards,

                         Suleman Currim

                        address@hidden
                               or