lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Startup page (was RE: "remove the r command")

From: Serge MUNHOVEN
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Startup page (was RE: "remove the r command")
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 19:21:26 +0100

On Sat, Dec 12, 1998 at 10:24:47PM -0600, Mike Castle wrote:
 >  Amazingly enough David Combs said:
 >  > My (csh) alias for running lynx simply has
 >  >   lynx_bookmarks.html
 >  > stuck onto the end, AS the html file to start out with,
 >  > and works just fine.
 >
 >  A better solution might be to set the environment variable WWW_HOME to
 >  file://${HOME}/lynx_bookmarks.html in your .cshrc, and get rid of your
 >  alias.

I agree in principle, but for historical reasons I've got a setup similar to
David's (I do not remember exactly why, but I guess because I did not want
Mosaic to come up with lynx_bookmarks.html).

 >  That way you can still do "lynx someotherURL".  Easier than remembering to
 >  type "\lynx someotherURL".

Amazingly enough you can still do "lynx someotherURL" even with an alias. At
least on my system lynx has the "feature" to go to the last URL on the
command line when several are provided.

 - Serge

--
 Serge Munhoven                              Internet: address@hidden