lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev -restrictions=bookmarks does no work

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev -restrictions=bookmarks does no work
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 10:56:20 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 3 Dec 1998, Rüdiger Geys wrote:

> I had to integrate lynx in a restrictet environment and tryed to invoke
> lynx with:
>
> lynx -restrictions=bookmark

The check for this seems to be only implemented in the old-style options
menu, not in the forms-based options menu.  For a restricted environment
you probably DON'T want to use the forms-based menu, it has not been
checked for things like this AFAIK.

But your subject line says -restrictions=bookmarks (note the 's'), if
that is what you tried then it would not work anyway - the spelling
has to be exactly right.

> but I can anyway change the bookmark file location. bookmark_exec also
> semms not to work. I used lynx2-8-1rel2 on SunOs 4.1.

How have you tested whether -restrictions=bookmark_exec works?

   Klaus