lynx-dev

lynx-dev INSTALLATION error

From: Chris Maden
Subject: lynx-dev INSTALLATION error
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 12:28:21 -0500 (EST)

<quote>
Step 5. (optional -- UNIX only)
    To add direct WAIS support, get the freeWAIS distribution from
    "ftp://ftp.cnidr.org/pub/NIDR.tools/freewais";, and compile it.  The compile
    process will create the libraries you will need, wais.a and client.a.  Edit
    the Makefile in the top level directory and add the library locations under
    the DIRECT WAIS ACCESS heading.  Edit the Makefile for the WWW Library in
    "WWW/Library/Implementation/CommonMakefile" to point to the include
    directory for the freewais distribution.  Precompiled libraries are
    available for many platforms if you don't wish to compile one yourself.
</quote>

There is no longer a Makefile in the top-level directory; the
instructions should say to edit makefile.in, or this step should be
moved to after running configure.

Please send a copy of any replies to me, as I am no longer subscribed
to lynx-dev.

-Chris