lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev strange interaction with gettext/anonymous/gz

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: lynx-dev strange interaction with gettext/anonymous/gz
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 09:14:25 +0900 (JST)

> > Compiled Lynx 2.8.2dev.2 on SunOS5.6 (Solaris
> > 2.6)/slang1.0.3/gcc2.7.2.3.  Used the GNU libintl.a.
[...]
> > at japanese.  However, in a captive account, if I hit return on
> > a gzipped file (extension .gz) Lynx freezes (=key input is not
> > recognized other than ^C).  When the anonymous account's LANG is
> > set to english, the problem does not occur, i.e., as with regular
>
>       + is this 16-bit or 8-bit characters?

Not sure what this means.  Thanks goodness Klaus is back!  Anyway,
the translations are done in euc-jp, and the ja.po file that I use is
available at http://163.51.110.11/lynxdev/docs/ja.po.bz2.

>       + what type of library (slang/ncurses/curses)

slang1.0.3

>       + what type of terminal emulator

TeraTerm set at "vt100".  The terminfo descriptor I use is available at
http://163.51.110.11/lynxdev/docs/fmr70.html.

__Henry

PS
To test (I have only had problems in a captive account.), telnet to
"ibr1.irm.nara.kindai.ac.jp" and login as "jlynx" to observe the
problem, or as "lynx", which is the exact same image, but with LANG set
to english.  From the Welcome page, hit return on, e.g., "[2]this Lynx",
and then again on "[2]CHANGES".  PLEASE do not login from 12 noon to 7
PM Wednesday and Friday, Japanese Standard Time.  Thank you.